Friday, July 25, 2008

Sharon's Success in Nashville


Sharon's presently managing
Sound Kitchen Studios near Nashville

Sharon will likely want to kill me for this blog post but I am so proud of her that I wanted to share all this with all of you! If you don't know: Sharon & I were best friends in the 80's (another Aries) and she was my maid of honor when Gib & I got married. Scott & Charles just loved her to death and Paige, my niece, loved to hear her sing :) Sharon used to live in Helena, AR and we used to spend soooo much time together having so much fun....didn't we, kids??


This is Sharon's hubby's music page. His name is James House. He has 2 albums coming out; one is a Christmas album. http://www.myspace.com/jameshousemusic
Sharon is his manager too. James has written & co-written a LOT of songs I know you'd recognize....even some for Tina Turner! I really enjoy listening to James' voice.

Sharon's been super busy- I am SO SO SO happy she's doing well in Nashville! Like me, she let the singer/songwriter dream go...but she is so involved in the music industry it'd make your head spin! I am SO PROUD that Sharon's doing so well!

Thought you'd get a kick outa this article where Sharon's quoted. Her comments are near the bottom and the whole article is interesting. http://mixonline.com/studios/business/audio_nashville_skyline_103/

Sharon Corbitt-House
Sharon Corbitt-House joined Sound Kitchen in 2005 after a six year stint at Ocean Way Studio, Nashville. She has helped facilitate recordings that have sold over 100 million worldwide. She manages the six-room recording facility and handles marketing and PR. Studio clients include Willie Nelson, Wynonna Judd, Keith Urban, the Backstreet Boys, Rascal Flatts and Trace Adkins, to name a few. Corbitt-House is a member of NARAS, ACM, AES, Leadership Music and a board member of NAPRS. She also served on the Master Delivery Recommendation Committee for the NARAS P&E Wing.Panelist: Studio Survival Strategies, Wed., 1:30 p.m. http://mixonline.com/ms/nashville08/panelists/